2. Ginger extract, roughly just a ¼ tsp per day, reduces prostate cancer growth.
3. Carrots have an additional active phyto-chemical that protects against cancer.
4. Iodine is essential for reducing symptoms associated with any glandular problem – our national diet is too full of chemicals that compete with iodine and there is too little iodine. The average traditional Japanese diet provides ~88 times the amount of iodine that our nation’s nutrient guidelines recommend. (***advanced stages of chronic malnutrition or malfunctioning thyroid may leave some people at risk for over sensitivity to iodine supplementation *** Iodine overload symptoms include: metallic taste in mouth, eczema -especially if patches are on knees or elbows, watery nasal discharge (runny nose but just little drips), persistent cough, changes in vision – stop taking the supplement and symptoms go away.)
5. Just two Brazil nuts per day provide the recommended amount of Selenium for cancer prevention and for thyroid support. It is crucial take selenium along with iodine when replenishing iodine stores. The enzyme that breaks down excess thyroid hormone will not function without selenium.
6. More vitamin C rich foods –or supplements- will help protect against many problems including cancer. (not all nutrients are effective in supplement form but vitamin C is – a buffered form will be less acidic to the stomach at larger doses.) Greater than RDA doses may be helpful. The RDA is the minimum to prevent deficiency not necessarily an optimum amount.
7. Bright orange and red fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamin A and C and other cancer fighters like lycopene, lutein and zeathanthin. Lots of produce: Watermelon, papaya and mango, persimmons, “pre-ripened” peaches, nectarines, and apricots. Cantaloupe, red grapefruit, broccoli and other dark green veggies. Cauliflower, cabbage and other cruciferous ones, too.
8. Healthy white blood cells armed with plenty of magnesium is nature’s insurance plan. White blood cells patrol the intestines and body on the look out for infected or decaying cells, or other cancerous cells. A healthy white blood cell will link membranes with the bad cell and give it a blast of enzymes that turn the bad cell’s interior to goo. The white blood cell can then engulf the waste. The material can be detoxified or recycled for growing or repairing other cells.
9. We all have stem cells that the WBC’s can direct into growing as needed for any organ or skin or brain cell (hippocampus at least). We don’t need petri dishes for growing brain cells, we just need better nutrition information guiding our food supply and health care industry.
10. How could I have forgotten – activated hormone D3 /calciferol / 1,25D feeds prostate and breast cancer and TB/Lyme’s/sarcoidosis and a type of resistant pneumonia. The infected or mutated cells have learned which enzyme converts vitamin D3 / cholecalciferol / 25D into the active hormone. This chemical is actually formed out of cholesterol and is in the steroid family. [atsu.edu/] (look at mycoplasma and L-Forms – Pneumonia strains need a sterol rich environment and they use up arginine supplies. Arginine is an amino acid that is used to fortify specialty products designed for improved wound healing.)
11. Glutamates are an essential food for a cell wall deficient form of E coli – a pathogen that can be common but can be deadly. [discoverymedicine.com/] this same link has been on a couple blogs in a row.