My Presidential Platform is a plan to turn that “E” for Health and Wellness from a failing grade into an E for excellance.
- Effective Health Care – a preventative healthcare, not-for profit single payer system.
- Economy & more Green Jobs.
- Environment & more Green Jobs.
- End the War on Peace.
- End Citizens United & reform campaign finance and voting transparency laws
- Education — Repeal or rewrite the No Child Left Behind and Race to the Top policies to create a public education system that promotes helping the child to maximize their own potential – whatever it is. — Require all under graduate education providers to teach evolution and a science based curriculum. — Reduce college tuition loan rates and work towards restoring public education subsidies for in state college tuition.
An effective health care system would likely also help improve the economy and the environment and help improve education outcomes because healthier citizens would be likely to produce better output for lower cost in whatever role they filled at any point of the lifespan. A health care system based on preventative health care likely would create jobs because it would require increased numbers of health professionals trained to provide individualized education and lifestyle guidance services and there would be less focus on high cost screenings and treatments based on pharmaceutical maintenance prescriptions or surgical interventions. Cost would be shifted from those areas to support the salary and benefits for the new preventative health education jobs. Effective health care would also likely promote peace because healthier citizens are likely to be happier and more socially oriented. Chronic illness tends to be associated with an increased risk for depression and we may have an instinct to isolate when we are ill which would be helping to protect the group.
Individual goals to work towards to improve the Health and Wellness of U.S. citizens (and anyone else who happens to be affected by U.S. policies):
- Change the status of marijuana from Schedule 1 to Schedule 3 which would match the current rating for the synthetic version of THC, the euphoric cannabinoid found in marijuana. Changing the status would better reflect the true medical benefits of the plant; allow more variety of academic research to be performed with marijuana and the cannabinoid receptor system throughout physiology and throughout the plant and animal kingdoms; end Federal prosecution of patients, growers and dispensaries; and allow marijuana businesses to function as normal businesses in regards to the IRS, ability to report expenses on Federal State and Local taxes, and access to banking.
- Change the rating of several food additives from GRAS to no longer allowed. Ban potassium bromide from flour products and reinstate the use of potassium iodide as a anti-caking agent in flours. Ban the artificial sweeteners Neotame, aspartame and sucralose. Any emulsifiers that have been shown to have emulsifying effects within the intestines. Ban glyphosate use as an herbicide or desiccant for food crops, non-food crops or in wild areas for invasive plant control. Ban the Bt GMOs and Round-up Ready GMOs and any others that have been associated with negative health risks since being approved for widespread use. — or at least work towards creating non-corporate funded research into the longterm health effects of those food additives and agribusiness chemicals and GMO crops.
- Work towards a health care system that is based on a not for-profit system whether it is a single payer system or has multiple funding sources (insurance companies) seems less important to me than getting the profit motive out of treating patients. To promote Health and Wellness we need a health care system designed to identify and resolve underlying health problems rather than focusing on longtime symptom management.
- Create a stronger adverse reaction board for monitoring the long term and short term risks of vaccinations and other medical treatments. Include the suicide and homocide risks associated with psychiatric or other types of pharmaceuticals and consider the need to ban some of them.
To be con’t.
Disclaimer: Opinions are my own and the information is provided for educational purposes within the guidelines of fair use. While I am a Registered Dietitian this information is not intended to provide individual health guidance. Please see a health professional for individual health care purposes.Effective Health Care by Jenny